Details of our next volunteer days are always on the home page.
Contact us if you would like the details of our summer work parties to be emailed to you.
WE HAVE MANY PROJECTS ON THE GO, click on the links below to see the different projects in 2018
We enjoy working to make our CLOSED CEMETERIES a welcoming place for visitors and for nature.
Come and join us at our next work party!
WESTWOOD ROAD CEMETERY: We had a great day at the cemetery with the Army Cadets fulfilling their commitment to helping the community, by helping us with a hard days work at the cemetery. Thank you so much to them all!
BROAD LEAS CEMETERY: Our last visit to Broad Leas was on 1st May – again our volunteers tidied round the older graves, and put in some bright new flowers. The blackbirds were singing and all was peaceful – do go and have a sit in this natural area so near the centre of town.
- BROAD LEAS CEMETERY: We have gone back to Broad Leas this spring. The ivy needed some cutting back, but lots of the spring flowers have come through, and our volunteers added some small shrubs behind the bench.
- WESTWOOD ROAD CEMETERY: Looking beautiful and tidy again after the disaster of a van driving through our daffodils. The wildflower area is ready to burst into colour for the spring.
- BULB PLANTING: New daffodils at Westwood Rd, Old Ramsey Road, up at Warners Park and in the Parish Churchyard this month!
- STATION ROAD: We put some wallflowers and daffodil bulbs along the verge behind Waitrose on Station Road. We are looking forward to a beautiful display in the spring.
- THE WAITS: Volunteers pruning back in November 2017.
- ANGLIA IN BLOOM: Great excitement as we received a gold award for the town for the second time in September 2017.